Home of the Emperors Archangels. The Fallen have come
home....



Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The list and the Scheme.

So I was going through my Tau list and found a major mistake in a points total. So, I redid my list and I think Ive reached my final draft. Well final with 3 small options. I have also picked 2 options for color schemes. I thought volcanic would be cool but then I got to playing on the net and bam it hit me and I thought one of these two designs could be the one. You'll have to see below for the design pics. Anyway here's the new list.

HQ-Shasel- plasma rifle, missile pod, target array, hard wire drone controller, HW multi tracker, HW black sun filter, 2 shield drones. 130
HQ-Shasel- plas. rifle, cyclic ion, tar. array., HWDC, HWMT, HWBSF, 2 shield drones. 133

Troops-3x6man squads in Devilfish with Multitracker, Dis. pod, flachette, 495

Elites-3 XV8's- Twin link missile, flamer, team lead, HWDC, 2 shield drones. 176
Elites-3 XV8's- Plas. rifle, miss. pod, tar. array, team lead, HWDC, HWMT, HWBSF, 2 shield drones. 244

Fast-3 Piranahs- fusion, tar. array, flachette. 240

Heavy-3 Broadsides- Adv. Stab. System, team lead, HWDC, HWBSF, HWMT, Target lock, 2 shield drones. 288
Heavy-Hammerhead- Railgun, burst cannons, flachette, dis. pod, HWBSF, HWMT. 180

options to hit 2k...
1-Single bodyguard for a shasel w/fusion,burst cannon/tar. array/HWBSF/HWDC/2 gun drones. and 2 extra firewarriors. TOTAL ARMY 1999

2-Another elite spot with a shasel attached to them, 2 XV8's w/Twin burst/tar. array/HWDC/2 gundrones. TOTAL ARMY 2000. Is it legal to have two sets of drones in a squad because of the attached?

3-9 footsloggin firewarriors w/team leader, markerlight and BSF. TOTAL ARMY 1999. They are just gonna hide somewhere and mark stuff and take 30" shots till they die. Or they may stick with the broadsides and block flanking assaulters.

there was an option 4 a bunch of kroot warriors but I just don't like the Kroot. So I shot that option down. Im thinking option 2 or 3 most likely, but I'm going to get the models to cover any of the 3. Then maybe get some other things like stealth's etc. later. I'm in a Tau fever.

And lastly here's my 2 options for the new scheme, the army will be painted in the colors of the 1st pic. of the group option with just the second shasel painted like the 2nd pic. See if you can guess what the scheme ideas came from. I'm really psyched about doing them up like this and option 1 will most likely be my choice just because it's more robotic, hint hint, but the 2nd option has my favorite villain ever in it, hint hint. Here they go.

Group 1 option



group 2 option



There we go, as always any comments are greatly appreciated, except the damn ad. spammers I will probably be putting word verification back on the blog soon. But until them I appreciate any comments, critiques or well anything really. Thanks for reading, more later.
-Matt

3 comments:

Max said...

An entire army of Joker-themed firewarriors would definitely have a bit of psychological warfare going for it... especially the way the red on the faceplate looks like lipstick. *shudders*

Max said...

An entire army of Joker-themed firewarriors would definitely have a bit of psychological warfare going for it... especially the way the red on the faceplate looks like lipstick. *shudders*

Max said...

An entire army of Joker-themed firewarriors would definitely have a bit of psychological warfare going for it... especially the way the red on the faceplate looks like lipstick. *shudders*

 
cool hit counters
download an html hit counter