Home of the Emperors Archangels. The Fallen have come
home....



Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Let loose the Dogs of War....

Well I finally quit killing zombies and got around to finishing Belials command squad. The apothecary was done minus the banner which should let people know he's an Apoth. Here he is, I'm happy and not happy with him. Happy because the banner is done in colors i hate using in big amounts, but i tried and did well I think for the most part. I'm unhappy with the symbol cause it's not perfect, but I am happy with it because it was free hand and by far the most challenging free hand thing I've done to date. You can't move forward if you don't try. But anyhoo here he is.

And here is the newest member the Bearer. I am happy with him totally. Well I say that but I haven't blown up the picture yet on the blog so who knows. I am happy with him though. The banner came out way better than I hoped it would. I also did his shoulder cruxes in different colors which makes him pretty unique I think. Anyhoo here he is.

Strike the pose.
And here's the three all together as they would be on the field of battle. Just gotta get the chaplain finished now....Sigh...
And lastly when you cant find your cheap 99 cent paint tray just use your thumb. Its close and convenient. and the nail really does mix colors well.

That's it for now more later.
-END-

4 comments:

CrusherJoe said...

I really like the hard highlights you have goin' on there. Also, I think you did a really nice job on the apoth symbol, especially for a "first outing" with freehand (which I haven't gotten brave enough to try yet).

Also...love those heads! Are they standard for DA termie command squads?

Anonymous said...

The freehand looks great considering it's your first attempt, and I keep forgetting just how good your model looks with the dreadnought shin plates!
Nice work buddy

eriochrome said...

The dreadnought leg greeves really make Belial stand out.

Matt said...

Yeah the leg greaves I stole from someones model post about doing a commander. Joe, the heads come from the DA veterans sprue. Took some fileing and cutting to make em fit but I like em, gives them the old ancient i'm gonna beat you down look.

 
cool hit counters
download an html hit counter